Portal 2: Wheatley Heads For Spaaaaaace Courtesy Of NASA
Portal 2 personality core is going to actual space in a NASA spacecraft, Valve reveals.
Published on Jul 23, 2012
Portal 2's sneaky, Stephen Merchant-voiced personality core Wheatley is finally going to space - for real
"Thanks to an anonymous tech at NASA, Wheatley is actually going to actual space," reads the Portal site. "This Friday at 10:06 EST, the Japanese HTV-3 resupply craft to the ISS will launch the above panel into space. Though mankind will surely regret giving Wheatley a celestial perch to plot his next move, we here at Valve are mostly just impressed with NASA's bold, unprecedented resupply craft numbering scheme."
We're not sure who at NASA engraved the image (above right) but Valve adds: "Please note that when we mentioned an "anonymous tech at NASA" we weren't kidding: NASA in no way officially endorses secretly laser-engraving characters from Portal onto their spacecraft. Believe it or not, they don't even officially endorse Portal 2, despite the fact that it's a really excellent game."
Valve is just about to end the Steam summer sale. Today in fact.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One