Wasteland 2: inXile's Kickstarter RPG Gets First Screen
Your first look at Wasteland 2 just hit Kickstarter.
Published on Jul 23, 2012
Wasteland 2 is shaping up to be a pleasingly post-apocalyptic visual treat for fans of the series, if the first screen is anything to go by.
"Releasing a screen shot this early in the process is a new concept for me as we typically want to hone in every element before we show it," wrote inXile boss Brian Fargo.
"But based on the requests and our desire for fan input, we are doing so to solicit feedback on the basic look. Please keep in mind that we have not put in the particle effects and post-processing which will have a dramatic effect on the scene, and this represents just one of the various environments for Wasteland 2 so expect to see other quite different locales. Also, this particular camera angle is on the low end of a range that the player can adjust upwards to a much more top-down view, for those who prefer that style during game play."
The game is running on the Unity engine, and is due out next year for PC, Mac and Linux.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One