EA Boss Expects Next-Gen Consoles In 2013
Xbox 720 and PS4 could be on their way as early as next year according to EA boss John Riccitiello.
Published on Jul 20, 2012
Microsoft and Sony could be set to launch new consoles as early as next year, according to EA CEO John Riccitiello.
"A major catalyst going forward, and the most important catalyst going forward is visibility on next-generation console," Riccitiello told CNBC in a conversation about EA's low stock.
"That NPD data, that minus 10-25 per cent that you’ve been seeing, that can and should be reversed out and some point, probably starting next year."
Wii U will likely reinvigorate the hardware market in 2013, but whether or not Riccitiello is referring to Nintendo's console alone remns to be seen.
New PlayStation and Xbox consoles have been rumoured for a reveal next year, ahead of a possible launch in 2014.
In a recent interview analyst Michael Pachter revealed that as recently as 2008, Riccitiello expected new consoles to launch in 2010-2011.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One