Want A Job In Games Journalism? NowGamer.com Is Hiring
Imagine Publishing's online videogames hub has a vacancy for a Games Editor.
Published on Jul 19, 2012
If you've ever dreamed of writing about games for a living this could be your lucky day - NowGamer.com is on the hunt for a Games Editor to fill a permanent vacancy on the site.
Hit the link for a more detailed description of the vacancy, required skills and experience as well as how to apply - or check it out below for more details:
Games Editor - NowGamer.com
Department : Editorial
Imagine Publishing is a worldwide multimedia content producer within the entertainment, computing, digital photography and videogames market sectors.
NowGamer is Imagine’s main worldwide videogames website and we are seeking a motivated and talented individual to take on the role of driving site content and managing the games section.
The successful candidate will need to possess an expert knowledge of multi-format video gaming and have excellent contacts within the games industry. They will be responsible for creating content for the site, writing features, reviews and news and making videos; liaising with PRs and managing embargoes, feature idea generation and forward planning of content and representing the site at press events. The candidate will also take responsibility for planning and creating content for all sections of the site and will be expected to contribute to news, features, videos and competitions and use social networking to market the site to a wide audience.
The successful candidate will also need:
- Outstanding editorial skills
- Ability to turn around high quality, internet-formatted copy to tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to manage the games section and the associated embargoes
In return we can offer:
- A successful, creative working environment
- Generous holiday and salary package
- Career progression opportunities
- Great social activities programme
- Prime location in central Bournemouth-just a 5 minute stroll from the beach
- 4½ day working week