DayZ: Paramount Files World War Z Game Trademarks
Sounds like the troubled Brad Pitt zombie movie based on the Max Brooks novel could get a game tie-in.
Published on Jul 18, 2012
World War Z could be the next zombie-IP to receive the game treatment, if new trademark listings from movie studio Paramount are anything to go by.
The post-apocalyptic novel is currently being adapted for the big screen with Brad Pitt in the starring role - but the production has reportedly hit snags delaying release to July 2013.
The listings mention handhelds, consoles and downloadable games - but there's no indication as to what formats or release models any game might take.
Telltale's The Walking Dead has recently been delivering zombies fans with new content episodically.
World War Z is said to be a fairly grounded post-apocalyptic tale of various survivors in the aftermath of a global zombie outbreak - sounds a lot like the increasingly-popular Arma 2 mod DayZ to us - which could be available via a standalone version sooner rather than later.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One