Epic's Fortnite Is First Unreal Engine 4 Game - New PC Screens Revealed
Fortnite has been revealed as the first Unreal Engine 4 game by developer Epic Games. It's also a PC exclusive. Check out the first screens here.
Published on Jul 13, 2012
Fortnite will launch in 2013 exclusively on PC, and will run on Unreal Engine 4, developer Epic Games has confirmed.
Discussed over at the Epic Games community blog, a studio statement read, "Fortnite is the first game that is using Unreal Engine 4 and that the games is being developed for a 2013 PC release."
"In Fortnite, players will explore, forage, collaborate and build by day in their own dynamic and expanding world. At night, they’ll work together to defend their prized fortress from the forces of darkness."
Epic also unveiled a batch of stunning Unreal Engine 4 screens, showing off Fortnite's playful, colourful nature.
We'll have more on Fortnite as it happens.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One