GTA 5: Liberty City 'Too Small' For Planes, But Not San Andreas
Rockstar reiterates that planes will be returning to GTA 5 as controllable vehicles.
Published on Jul 12, 2012
In its recent Asked & Answered fan Q&A on the official Rockstar website, the GTA developer confirmed that planes will be returning to San Andreas as controllable vehicles.
Though we've seen the planes in the trailer, it wasn't officially known that planes would be controllable. Until now.
In response to a question about why planes were omitted for GTA IV, Rockstar said "The city was simply too small for effective and enjoyable flying.
"It was the first time we made a high definition open world," Rockstar continued, "and it was a massive amount of work to make something on that scale – we simply could not make an environment big enough for planes to work properly."
Referring to GTA 5, however, Rockstar confirmed that planes will be returning as player-controlled vehicles, saying "Fear not, they are returning in what is our biggest open world game to date."
Good news, San Andreas fans.
More Like This...
- PS4: Driveclub Delayed Again, Sony 'Going Back To Drawing Board'
- Titanfall: How To Fix 'Initializing' & 'Attempting Connection' Issues
- Evolve PS4, Xbox One & PC Release Date Leaked - Rumour
- PS4 & Xbox One Gone Home Release Likely In 2014
- Titanfall: Respawn 'Looking To Patch Xbox One Resolution To 1080p'