OUYA Kickstarter Smashes $4 Million In 3 Days
OUYA, an independent open source gaming console, has surpassed $4 million in Kickstarter funds with 27 days of fundraising left to go. Full details here.
Published on Jul 12, 2012
Kickstarter's gaming community has done it again, helping to raise over $4 million in funds for open source gaming console OUYA in just three days.
The Android-powered console will cost $99 and aims to drive down the cost of gaming by letting developers set their own prices and embrace free to play models.
OUYA will also cut out licensing fees, distribution costs and more, meaning developers don't need to charge typical retail costs for their games. OUYA also gives bedroom coders the chance to make their own games.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One