343 Debunks Halo 2 Anniversary Chatter - Report
343 Industries 'too busy' to be working on Halo 2 remake, the studio confirms.
Published on Jul 11, 2012
Halo 4 is so much work that 343 Industries hasn't got time to work on Halo 2 Anniversary, the Microsoft Studio has stated.
"We are not working on that at this time. We are kind of busy," 343 said when asked about the possibility of a super-new Halo 2 in the vein of 343's Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary in a Q&A on retail-only hub ExpertZone.
The first suggestion of a Halo 2 redux from 343 arrived last week.
Microsoft hasn't validated 343's denial, saying only that it doesn't comment on rumours - but could there be some truth in there?
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary also included the involvement of third-party studios Saber Interactive and Certain Affiinity; the latter just confirmed it's developing the Forge Mode for Halo 4.
Is another studio starting work on Halo 2 Anniversary ahead of Halo 4's launch? Do you want to see Halo 2 HD? Have your say below.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One