Assassin's Creed Movie To Star X-Men, Prometheus Actor Fassbender
Michael Fassbender could play Altair in the Hollywood adaptation of Assassin's Creed, according to reports.
Published on Jul 9, 2012
Assassin's Creed's big-screen movie adaptation will star Prometheus, X-Men and Inglorious Basterds actor Michael Fassbender, who will also co-produce the film, according to a report by Variety.
"Michael is an extremely smart, talented, versatile and committed actor," said Jean-Julien Baronnet, CEO of Ubisoft's Motion Pictures division, also confirming Fassbender as the publisher's "first choice" to play the as-yet-unidentified protagonist.
Ubisoft was in discussions with Sony over the movie back in October last year until talks were halted, but Sony could still distribute the movie when UMP develops it and puts together a director/writer package, according to the report.
"We're open to re-discuss with the key studios once the production package is finalized," Baronnet said, confirming that UMP will " limit its risk investment".
Previous rumours have suggested the AC movie will focus on adapting the original game in the franchise, meaning Fassbender would take on the role of Altair.
Ubisoft is also planning films based on Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon.
More Like This...
- This House Gets Torn To Shreds For 30 Mins In Rainbow Six: Siege Livestream
- How Did PlanetSide 2 Developers React To Abuse From Online Fans?
- Kojima Reveals The Hidden Message In P.T. Fans Couldn't Find
- Cancelled Crash Bandicoot Game Surfaces - But Why Was It Canned?
- What The Hell Are The People At Pokemon Company Taking