€1 Million: The Most Expensive Gaming Collection Ever Sold?
eBay user finds a buyer for $1.2 million collection of 6,500 games across 22 consoles.
Published on Jul 9, 2012
How would you like every game ever released for each Sega console, all Nintendo hardware from the Famicom upto the Gamecube and the NEC systems?
They were up for grabs via eBay user Collectors_King for the cool price of €999,999.99 ($1,238,699.99) but, amazingly, have been snapped up by an unkown bidder for the asking price.
Included in the lot were 22 'fullsets' (a collection of every game released for a specific machine) spanning consoles such as the Sega Saturn, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Gameboy, Super Famicom and PC Engine, as well as add-ons including the DD64, PC Engine and Sega Genesis 32X.
The collection comprises 6,500 titles, mostly boxed with instructions, or factory sealed, and also including rare copies and special editions.
Did you just buy the collection? Get in touch!
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One