Wii U Versions Of Metroid & Star Fox Excite Miyamoto
Nintendo design legend Shigeru Miyamoto thinks Metroid would suit the Wii U.
Published on Jul 9, 2012
Nintendo has yet to announce Wii U versions of many of its big franchises - Metroid and Star Fox included - but Shigeru Miyamoto would be keen to explore both franchises on the new console.
"With Metroid it's very easy to imagine some interesting implementation for Wii U," Miyamoto told IGN. "I think that having another screen with the gyro built in really gives you a lot of interesting opportunities for development, and we can bring a lot of our games to life in a completely unique way with that."
"I feel like the possibilities of the GamePad for Metroid could be really fantastic," Miyamoto told me at a different point in our conversation. "There's certainly a lot that you could do there for that game."
Miyamoto also added that he 'personally' would be excited to see Star Fox head to Wii U, too.
Do you want to see these games hit Nintendo's console? Have your say below.
More Like This...
- PS4: Driveclub Delayed Again, Sony 'Going Back To Drawing Board'
- Titanfall: How To Fix 'Initializing' & 'Attempting Connection' Issues
- Evolve PS4, Xbox One & PC Release Date Leaked - Rumour
- PS4 & Xbox One Gone Home Release Likely In 2014
- Titanfall: Respawn 'Looking To Patch Xbox One Resolution To 1080p'