Halo 4 Forge Mode Features Detailed: Gravity Controls, Player Trait Zones
Crimson Alliance and Halo map-pack studio Certain Affinity brining new features to Halo 4's map editor.
Published on Jul 9, 2012
Halo 4's Forge mode is in development at Halo-collaborator Certain Affinity, and will include numerous new features that enable players to get even more creative with their maps.
Certain Affinity, which developed Crimson Alliance and has worked on Halo map packs, confirmed it's involvement during the Rooster Teeth Expo at the weekend.
Halo 4's Forge mode was shown, revealing an incomplete UI and new user-friendly features according to Polygon, including the ability to lock placed objects on the map, highlighted tool-tips that give greater control over individual objects, magnetised connections between objects and a new, shadow-casting lighting system.
Meanwhile, 'Player Trait Zones' can alter player parameters such as speed, jump height, damage and more in specific area, while 'Grav Volume' fields can alter or completely reverse gravity.
Sounds good to us - got any plans for a new Forge map? Let us know!
More Like This...
- Xbox One: Modders Add Mouse & Keyboard Support
- Halo: Spartan Assault Xbox One & Xbox 360 Release Date Announced
- Minecraft Twitch TV Support Added Via Update 1.7.4
- Xbox One Demo Policy Hasn't Changed, There Will Be 'More Demos As Platform Goes Forward'
- GTA 5: 'Story DLC, GTA Online Content Creator & Heists On The Way' - Rockstar