'PS4 Will Suffer Without Retail' - Sony
PS4, Xbox 720 and Wii U will all suffer without the support of game shops on the high street, Sony has said. Check out why here.
Published on Jul 6, 2012
PS4, Xbox 720, Wii U and all next-gen hardware will be damaged without the support of retail stores, according to Sony's UK vice president Fergal Gara.
Speaking with MCV Gara explained, "Coming down off that 2008 peak has been a steep ride for many and has involved fallout on many levels, not least of all retail."
"So what we’re seeing is not really a surprise," Gara continued, "a bit of a readjustment if you like and it isn’t just happening to the specialists on the High Street. There is a bit of a reappraisal around space and the commitment from other retailers."
"We’d love to see as many of those retailers as possible maintain their interest in servicing the space because clearly down the road many of us are going to be doing our best to give another injection into the market whenever the next cycle starts."
So long story short, the next wave of console launches needs a presence at high street stores. Do you agree? Let us know below.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One