Halo 4 Multiplayer: 8GB Install 'Highly Recommended' - Microsoft Drops The Ball
Halo 4 multiplayer requires an 8GB install to run properly. Has Microsoft completely dropped the ball? Read on to find out more.
Published on Jul 3, 2012
Halo 4 multiplayer will require at last 8GB of free hard drive space to run, according to the game's product page at the official Xbox site.
The Halo 4 install blurb reads, "At a minimum, you’ll need at least an 8GB USB Flash Drive or an Xbox 360 Hard Drive to play Multiplayer mode in Halo 4."
"For an optimal experience playing with an Xbox 360 Hard Drive is highly recommended. For Xbox 360 4GB, Arcade and Core consoles, the Xbox 360 Hard Drive is sold separately. See below for more details on the storage device options available for Xbox 360 and Halo 4."
So, bad news for those with the 4GB Xbox 360 model. But luckily, Microsoft has been kind enough to list all of its branded hard drives and memory sticks below the blurb.
The space will likely be required for the whopping amount of Spartan Ops content promised by Halo 4 developer 343 Industries. Still, it's a tall order for those unwilling to shell out the mark-up for branded Xbox storage.
We'll have more on Halo 4 multiplayer as it happens.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One