Final Fantasy 7 Remake 'Would Damage The Franchise' - Wada
Final Fantasy 7 may be rumoured for a PC re-release, but a remake is currently out of the question, according to Square-Enix CEO Yoichi Wada.
Published on Jun 26, 2012
Final Fantasy 7 fans have been begging for a remake for years now, but Square-Enix CEO Yoichi Wada told investors during a company briefing that - quite simply - the team isn't good enough to pull it off.
Andriasang reports that Wada said he would only be confident in a Final Fantasy 7 remake if the team could make a game that exceeded the quality of the PSone-era Final Fantasy games, suggesting that Final Fantasy 13 and 13-2 weren't up to scratch.
However, Wada also stressed that the team would love to work on a Final Fantasy 7 remake, but only once he feels confident in their skills. So there's hope yet.
More Like This...
- This House Gets Torn To Shreds For 30 Mins In Rainbow Six: Siege Livestream
- How Did PlanetSide 2 Developers React To Abuse From Online Fans?
- Kojima Reveals The Hidden Message In P.T. Fans Couldn't Find
- Cancelled Crash Bandicoot Game Surfaces - But Why Was It Canned?
- What The Hell Are The People At Pokemon Company Taking