Final Fantasy 7 Remake 'Would Damage The Franchise' - Wada
Final Fantasy 7 may be rumoured for a PC re-release, but a remake is currently out of the question, according to Square-Enix CEO Yoichi Wada.
Published on Jun 26, 2012
Final Fantasy 7 fans have been begging for a remake for years now, but Square-Enix CEO Yoichi Wada told investors during a company briefing that - quite simply - the team isn't good enough to pull it off.
Andriasang reports that Wada said he would only be confident in a Final Fantasy 7 remake if the team could make a game that exceeded the quality of the PSone-era Final Fantasy games, suggesting that Final Fantasy 13 and 13-2 weren't up to scratch.
However, Wada also stressed that the team would love to work on a Final Fantasy 7 remake, but only once he feels confident in their skills. So there's hope yet.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One