Final Fantasy 7 Hitting PC With Achievements, Cloud Saves, Boosters - Rumour
Square Enix website leak could have outed new PC version of Final Fantasy 7 with Achievements, Cloud Saves and microtransactions.
Published on Jun 21, 2012
Final Fantasy 7, one of the best-loved RPGs of all time could finally be set to hit Steam, in an updated version, according to information spilling out of Square Enix-registered domain www.finalfantasyviipc.com.
The URL is now offline, but Google has cached a version of the page (cancel the login to view).
"Enjoy the RPG classic FINAL FANTASY VII for PC, now with a host of new online features," reads the text.
"Whether you’re a seasoned FINAL FANTASY VII veteran or exploring this RPG classic for the very first time, show off your in-game accomplishments and put your gaming skills to the test with 36 brand new achievements to unlock. Share your profile with friends online to find out who is the ultimate FINAL FANTASY fan.
"Find yourself stuck on a difficult section or lacking the funds to buy that vital Phoenix Down? With the Character Booster you can increase your HP, MP and Gil levels to their maximum, all with the simple click of a button, leaving you to enjoy your adventure."
Players will also be able to save their progress to the cloud (no pun intended) and resume their adventuring on multiple PCs.
Steam registry entries found last year mentioned Final Fantasy 7 and 8.
The listed price is a mere £7.99/€9.99.
We've asked Square Enix for comment.
Square Enix has declined to comment on the FF7 reports.
Great Final Fantasy 7 deals on Amazon.co.uk
- Final Fantasy VII Official Guide: v. 1 (Brady Games Strategy Guides)
- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Signature Series Guide (Bradygames Signature Guides)
- Final Fantasy VII 7 Cloud Strife T-shirt - White
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One