Epic: Unreal Engine 4 Platforms 'Unconfirmed Beyond PC'
Epic Games comments on Wii U speculation, revealing it has yet to confirm platforms for UE4, other than PC.
Published on May 29, 2012
Epic Games has confirmed to NowGamer that it has yet to confirm which platforms Unreal Engine 4 will be compatible with - other than PC.
Spike TV host Geoff Keighley tweeted yesterday that Wii U would instead feature games created using Unreal Engine 3 - referencing comments made by Epic CEO Mike Capps at GDC in March.
Responding to our email, Epic told NowGamer that Unreal Engine 3 will support Wii U - but that it hasn't "confirmed platforms for UE4 beyond PC."
That could change next week, with Epic revealing Unreal Engine 4 in more detail at E3 which Keighley said will include 'realtime interactive prototypes'.
Epic previously said that UE4 was running on "systems we can’t name yet."
More Unreal Engine 4:
- Epic Revealing Unreal Engine 4 In 2012, 'Already On Next-Gen Consoles'
- Unreal Engine 4 Details Mean PS4, Xbox 720 Reveals In 2013 - Pachter
- Unreal Engine 4: Epic Reveals Next-Gen PS4, Xbox 720 Game Engine
- Next-Gen Hits PC: Nvidia Launches 'Unreal Engine 4' Kepler GPUs
More Like This...
- PS4: Driveclub Delayed Again, Sony 'Going Back To Drawing Board'
- Titanfall: How To Fix 'Initializing' & 'Attempting Connection' Issues
- Evolve PS4, Xbox One & PC Release Date Leaked - Rumour
- PS4 & Xbox One Gone Home Release Likely In 2014
- Titanfall: Respawn 'Looking To Patch Xbox One Resolution To 1080p'