Minecraft Xbox 360: Microsoft Refunding For SDTV Split-Screen Issues
Standard definition TV owners disgruntled over Minecraft Xbox 360's lack of split-screen can now cliam a refund.
Published on May 23, 2012
Minecraft Xbox 360 players unable to play split-screen on SDTVs will now be granted a refund, Microsoft has announced.
Four players can crowd around an HDTV without issue, but compatibility problems has made the mode unavailable on older TVs - not something noted by Microsoft when players bought the game.
"We updated our pre-sale notification to inform customers that an HD screen is required for the split-screen multiplayer feature on Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition," the publisher said in a statement.
"If a player does not have an HD screen and purchased this game prior to the notification update, they are eligible for a full refund through customer support."
Minecraft Xbox 360 has been a runaway success since launch, and is expected to be updated this summer.
- Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition Update Coming 'This Summer'
- Minecraft Xbox 360 Sells Over A Million Copies In Launch Week - Microsoft
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One