Wii U: Price, Release Date, Details Leaked By Ubisoft Dev - Rumour
A forum poster claiming to be a developer at Ubisoft Milan has spilt alleged details on the Wii U ahead of Nintendo's E3 blowout.
Published on May 22, 2012
Nintendo is set to detail its plans for the next-gen Wii U console at E3 in a couple of weeks, but a developer may have beaten the platform-holder to it, with an Italian forum poster claiming to be a developer at Ubisoft Milan alleging a huge number of details about the upcoming console.
Chief among the list - which should be considered rumour at this point - are Ubisoft's plans for Wii U games, Unreal Engine 4/DX11 compatability, release date and hardware specs - check out the translated bullet points below:
- Wii U supports DirectX 11 and is already running Unreal Engine 4
- Wii U will support to touch-screen controllers
- The console has 2GB of RAM, 560MB dedicated to the OS
- The launch date will be 23 November
- Launch price hasn't been decided but will be between $350 - $450 (£220 - £285)
- Rayman Legends, The Avengers, Assassin's Creed 3, Just Dance 4 are all on Ubisoft's Wii U schedule, with Killer Freaks from Outer Space set to arrive weeks after launch.
- There are currently multiple versions of the console with developers
- Graphics are powered by the Radeon HD 6770 chipset
- Assassin's Creed 3 will run at 60fps at 1080p, compared to 720p on PS3 and Xbox 360
- Wii U will come with pre-installed software
- Crytek, EA and Valve are all working on Wii U
- Valve are working on a digital distribution platform and Portal ports
- Wii U will support achievements
- Wii U's UI will be customisable
- The new button has some link to the Wii Vitality Sensor
- The trigger buttons won't be analogue
Bear in mind, all of the above is pure speculation - some of which we've heard before - and details could have been lost in translation.
We'll know more when Nintendo reveals all at E3 on 5 June.
More Wii U on NowGamer:
- Wii U: Old Vs. New Controller Reveals New Analogue Sticks, Button Layout
- Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth Hitting Kinect, Wii U - Ubisoft
- Rayman Legends: Leaked Trailer Reveals Unique Wii U Gameplay Features
- Crysis 3 Not Headed To Wii U - Crytek
- Nintendo's Wii U Release Date Set For November?