Minecraft Xbox 360 Became Profitable After An Hour On Sale - Notch
Minecraft's transition to console started to make profit within an hour of launch when it hit Xbox Live yesterday, Notch has confirmed.
Published on May 10, 2012
Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition has become an overnight success, according to franchise creator Notch.
"Well then. Saw the official sales numbers for the first 24 hours of Minecraft Xbox 360, and it's very, very good. Profitable in an hou," the developer tweeted. It's not clear if that means for Mojang, publisher Microsoft or both.
A full press release with all the details is incoming, Notch added.
Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition launched yesterday for 1600 MSP (around £13).
More Minecraft on NowGamer:
- Minecraft Xbox 360 Gets Rave Reviews, Notch Hints At Positive Sales
- Minecraft Videos: The 15 Most Amazing, Funny & Insane Clips So Far
- Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition Review
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One