GTA 5 October Release Date 'Preferred' By Rockstar, Will Hit Sales Of 18m - Report
GTA 5 could jump into former BioShock Infinite release slot, says analytical firm Wedbush Securities.
Published on May 10, 2012
Grand Theft Auto 5 could be set to launch in October following BioShock Infinite's delay to February according to a report by Wedbush Securities.
"We believe that October is the preferred release month for GTA V’s developer, Rockstar Games, as the studio has scheduled every prior GTA release during that month (with GTA IV delayed to April 2008, due to bugs in the PS3 version)," reads the report.
Wedbush Securities goes on to speculate "that once Rockstar Games notified Take-Two that GTA V would be ready by October, Take-Two gave Irrational Games the option to spend more time fine-tuning BioShock Infinite."
Take-Two could then give both releases its "undivided attention," the report states, adding that Take Two could reveal more during an invesor call on 22 May or "by E3", adding that the publisher's current financical forecast would be tough to achieve without a GTA release in the current financial year.
More on GTA 5:
- Rockstar Social Club Gears Up For Max Payne 3, GTA 5 Crews
- BioShock Infinite Delayed To 2013 To Make It 'Even More Extraordinary'
- GTA 5: Pachter Predicts Pre-E3 Showing, October Release Date
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One