Assassin's Creed 3: Dev Talks New Combat, Regen Health, Map Size & Bomb Crafting
Assassin's Creed 3 developer Ubisoft Montreal spills more juicy gameplay secrets.
Published on Apr 16, 2012
Assassin's Creed 3 details keep on slipping out from Ubisoft, and we've managed to get tease out some new information during NowGamer's recent interview with the Ubisoft Montreal team.
Throughout Assassin's Creed 3, the combat mechanics have been completely rebuilt from scratch including new weapons and a regen health system.
Ubisoft Montreal's creative director Alexander Hutchinson explained more about how new protagonist Conner will handle in batte, "We rebuilt the combat system from the ground up. Everything from the player strategy, to enemy types, to animations and camera implementation is new."
"Connor’s combat system is based around a two handed fighting style, so he uses either tomahawk and knife, assassin’s blade and knife, as well as many other combinations."
"The core for us is a redesign of the health system, so that instead of having health units and needing to heal after combat, you now have a regenerating health system which means you can’t regain health during combat – you need to escape and rest. This exponentially increases the challenge."
Hutchinson also confirmed that the Assassin's Creed 3 map would be 1.5 times bigger than Rome in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and that economy building has been completely removed.
Assassin's Creed 3 will also not include bomb crafting, as seen in Assassin's Creed Revelations.
You can check out NowGamer's Assassin's Creed 3 interview in full tomorrow.
Want more from Assassin's Creed 3?
- Assassin's Creed 3: Connor Hunts, Climbs And Explores In The Snow - Screens
- Assassin's Creed 3: Desmond To Encounter 'New Location & Big Events' - Ubisoft
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One