GTA 5: Rockstar Confirms Max Payne 3 Multiplayer Crew Imports
Dan Houser confirms GTA 5, Max Payne 3 crossover - new release date, multiplayer speculation follows.
Published on Mar 22, 2012
Grand Theft Auto 5 players will be able to import their multiplayer crews from Max Payne 3 thanks to Rockstar Social Club integration, Rockstar co-founder Dan Houser has confirmed.
It's the first new confirmed detail for GTA 5 since Rockstar hinted more to come on the game in the coming months.
"By creating crews through Social Club, the crews that you create in Max Payne 3 will be ready and available for you to play in Grand Theft Auto V from day one," Dan Houser told IGN. "It’s all part of our larger approach to make multiplayer deeper and richer than what’s currently available, much more easily accessible to the newcomer and rewarding for the hardcore."
GTA 5 would feature multiplayer crews, Houser added. "We made a promise not to talk too much about forthcoming games until a little further down the track but, yes, crews will feature in Grand Theft Auto V multiplayer."
It seems to tally with a rumour reported by NowGamer earlier today that GTA 5's multiplayer requires players to perform gang heists and missions in a bid to increase their reputation and territory.
Max Payne 3 hits PS3 and Xbox 360 on 15 May and follows on PC two weeks later.
GTA 5's release date is still the subject of huge speculation - expect more on the game nearer or after Max Payne 3's release.
More on GTA 5:
- GTA 5: Drugs, Gangs, Customisation, Release Date, Multiplayer - 'Insider' Rumours
- GTA 5 Strategy Guide Will 'Sell Out' - BradyGames
- GTA 5: Autumn Release Date Listed On Internal Retailer Schedule
More Like This...
- How EA Wants To Become The Netflix Of Xbox One
- Could Rocky Survive In Dark Souls? This Video Has The Answer
- Not Every PS4 Game Is Delayed Into 2015 As Sony Confirms Big-Hitter For 2014
- Watch And Learn How To Complete Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey In Record Time
- Get Excited By The First Unreal Tournament Gameplay