WoW Director: 'Titan Will Result In Two Strong Blizzard MMO Teams'
Blizzard's next-gen MMO won't swallow up all the devs from World of Warcraft says game director.
Published on Mar 20, 2012
World of Warcraft's development team won't be cannibalised by Blizzard's secret under-wraps next-gen MMO Titan, instead both games will exist side-by-side each with their own "strong MMO teams" according to WoW game director Tom Chilton
"There are people that had worked on the ‘World of Warcraft’ team that now work on that team ['Titan'] where we’ve had like a slow trickle of expertise," Chilton told the Orange County Register.
"Meanwhile, we’ve also hired people and trained them over the last four to five years to take the place of some of the people that have gone to work on the other games."
Although Chilton admitted a crowded MMO market (read: SWTOR) had impacted WoW's subscription numbers, he doesn't see Blizzard's next MMO as a threat.
"I don't feel like there's going to be a time where we just say 'OK, everybody on the WoW team, pack it up you're moving over to the Titan MMO.' I don't see that as being a realistic probability. I think we're going to try to staff up both teams and actually end up with two large, strong MMO teams," he added.
Mists of Pandaria is the next big World of Warcraft expansion, expected to hit the MMO in October.
More on World of Warcraft:
- Blizzard Titan Players To Come From WoW - Analyst
- Blizzard's Titan A 'Casual MMO' - Analyst
- Blizzard: Titan Playable, Will "Eclipse" WoW
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One