Unreal Engine 4 Reveal With New Hardware - Analyst
Unreal Engine 4 is likely to be revealed publicly alongside the reveal of new console hardware, an industry analyst has predicted.
Published on Mar 12, 2012
Unreal Engine 4 was showcased behind closed doors at GDC in San Francisco last week. Epic's Mark Rein has since said that the new engine makes the studio's Samaritan demo look 'feeble' by comparison.
While Unreal Engine 4 has not been unveiled publicly, EEDAR President and CEO Greg Short has predicted that Epic will likely lift the lid on its new engine alongside new console hardware.
Speaking with NowGamer, Short explained, "From a marketing standpoint it would stand to reason that any announcement around Unreal 4 or other major upgrades to engine middleware providers will occur very closely to the announcement of new hardware."
"Since the majority of new features will be designed to maximise these devices they would not be able to promote that fact until the hardware itself had been unveiled."
Jones also added, "Everyone will be looking to E3 this year to see what is announced (if anything!)."
Interestingly enough, Epic also confirmed that the public would see more of Unreal Engine 4 later in 2012.
Could an Unreal Engine 4 reveal appear alongside an Xbox 720 or PS4 unveiling? We'll keep our eyes open for more details.
Want more from Unreal Engine 4?
- Unreal Engine Samaritan Demo Shown On Nvidia's Next-Gen Kepler GPU - First Screen
- Unreal Engine 4: Public Reveal For Epic's Next-Gen Game Tech Later In 2012
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One