Street Fighter x Tekken: Capcom 'Confused' On Xbox Local Online Co-Op Omission
Capcom still set to confirm why SFxT on PS3 supports mode that Xbox 360 does not.
Published on Mar 7, 2012
Street Fighter x Tekken players on Xbox 360 are not able to play online co-op with a friend on the same machine, despite the mode being confirmed in the manual.
Street Fighter x Tekken features two v two fights, which players are supposed to be able to tak online with a friend.
"It will not be patched and apologies for the manual inclusion. Seems it was an oversight. The difference has to do with how Xbox Live differs from how it handles online and offline accounts," Capcom's SVP Christian Svensson wrote in response.
Svensson added that "according to the team" the PS3 supports two players on one PSN account, while equivalent matches on Xbox 360 are limited to just offline or online modes - without mixing or matching.
"The reason for this difference is because of the architecture differences between gamertags and PSN IDs. I’m not sure of the technical details, but basically it amounts to: Sony made it so you can mix and match online and offline, and Microsoft made it so you can’t," Svensson added, before confirming he would 'look into the issue further' and that he was "confused" by the team's response.
Other Xbox 360 games have managed to support two local players online however, with Gears of War, Mortal Kombat and Call of Duty: MW3 just a few examples offered by disgruntled fans.
We've asked Capcom UK for further clarification on the matter.
Are you disapppointed the Xbox 360 version SFxT won't support local online co-op? Wax lyrical in our commentts section below!
- Street Fighter X Tekken Review
- Street Fighter x Tekken: Final Characters Are Bison, Akuma, Jin, Ogre
- PS Vita 'Under Consideration' For Tekken X Street Fighter
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One