Dead Space 3 Powered By Frostbite 2.0 - Rumour
Battlefield 3 technology set to power EA Visceral's next sci-fi chiller?
Published on Feb 27, 2012
The next Dead Space outing could be developed using DICE's stunning Battlefield 3 engine, Frostbite 2.0, according to recent evidence from inside EA.
EA Montreal was renamed to Visceral Games Montreal last year as the Dead Space studio expanded beyond its base at EA's Redwood Shores HQ.
tweeted earlier today: "Flying off to Canada & the US to visit a whole bunch of Frostbite-powered EA studios before GDC. First stop: Montreal."
Is the former Army of Two studio Visceral Montreal working on a new Dead Space game? With the Frostbite engine? It certainly sounds as if it could be; the engine's lighting and graphical power would certainly suit an atmospheric third-person horror/shooter.
The first Dead Space 3 rumours hit last year, suggesting the game will take place on an ice planet.
As well as Battlefield 3, Frostbite 2.0 has also powered last year's poorly-received Need For Speed: The Run.
- Dead Space 2 Studio Visceral's New IP An 'Online Action Shooter'
- The Free Fall In Dead Space 2 - One of our top 50 greatest video gaming moments
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One