'GTA TV' And 'Rockstar TV' Trademarked By Take-Two
Grand Theft Auto video series set to accompany GTA 5?
Published on Feb 20, 2012
GTA 5 could be accompanied by some sort of GTA-themed TV programming if recent tademark registrations are anything to go by.
Rockstar parent Take-Two publishing registered trademarks for 'GTA TV' and 'Rockstar TV' in the US earlier this month - both fall under the description: "Computer game programs and software; animated motion picture films featuring entertainment, namely, action, adventure, dramatic, comedic, children's and documentary themes; pre-recorded video discs and other pre-recorded digital and electronic media in the field of live action programs, motion pictures, or animation featuring entertainment, namely, action, adventure, dramatic, comedic, children's and documentary themes."
It wouldn't be the first game to feature a trans-media tie-in with such IPs as Dragon-Age and Assassin's Creed releasing games propped up by promo web series' in recent years.
Is Rockstar planning to ramp up the video for its key IP, or is this a case of simple tactical trademarking?
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One