Epic Revealing Unreal Engine 4 In 2012, 'Already On Next-Gen Consoles'
Gears of War developer announces next-gen tools.
Published on Feb 10, 2012
Epic Games vice president Mark Rein has dropped the biggest hint yet about the existence of next-gen consoles such as the rumoured Next Xbox and PS4.
At the DICE summit, a developer gathering in Las Vegas this week, Rein confirmed that Epic would reveal Unreal Engine 4 later in the year.
"People are going to be shocked later this year when they see Unreal Engine 4 and how much more profound an effect it will have," Rein told G4TV.
Unreal Engine 4 is also currently running with "systems we can’t name yet," Rein is reported to have said during the DICE Awards.
GDC, the Game Developers Conference, takes place next month - at last year's event Epic unveiled its vision of next-gen games - the Samaritan Demo.
The system could of course be Wii U, but a company like Epic - whose Unreal Engine 3 powers games like Batman: Arkham City, Gears of War 3 and BioShock Infinite - will want to ensure its tech works with cutting-edge platforms.
Exciting times? Discuss your thoughts in the comments secion below!
More Like This...
- Epic Reveals How Medal Of Honour Is Responsible For Gears Of War
- Watch Fish Playing Street Fighter II - This Is An Actual Real Thing
- Resident Evil Sequel Leaked - But It's Not The One You Think It Is
- This Video Proves That Witcher 3 Is 2015's Most Impressive RPG
- Is This The Greatest Second-hand Game Store Ever?