Call of Duty: Treyarch Refutes Iron Wolf Website Links
Call of Duty developer distances itself from Iron Wolf website.
Published on Feb 6, 2012
Call of Duty studio Treyarch, widely thought to be developing a follow-up to Call of Duty: Black Ops, has denied any connection to a new Iron Wolf website.
Iron Wolf is rumoured to be the sequel to Treyarch's last Call of Duty outing, Black Ops, but a new Iron Wolf-themed site has nothing to do with the developer.
"Heads up soldiers! www.ironwolfproject.com is not affiliated with Call of Duty, Treyarch, or Activision in any way," reads a Treyarch tweet.
Black Ops was a huge success for Activision and a direct sequel is also rumoured to be the basis for Treyarch's 2012 CoD offering.
Modern Warfare 3 was leaked mid-last-year ahead of a November 2011 launch.
Activision's announcement strategy has, in recent years, been to reveal upcoming Call of Duty titles shortly ahead of E3 in June.
Treyarch's next game still has yet to be formally announced, but the studio has been busy hiring for its Call of Duty team.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One