XCOM: Enemy Unknown: Firaxis Talks Combat, Classes, Tactics
XCOM reimagining gets new screens, showing how the turn-based action will play out on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.
Published on Jan 31, 2012
XCOM: Enemy Unknown, 2K's turn-based strategy reboot from Civilization studio Firaxis certainly looks to be approaching the classic PC franchise in the right way, if a new gameplay break-down is anything to go by.
XCOM hasn't been shown in any gameplay videos, just yet, but Firaxis has detailed a typical encounter over at GI, showing how the turn-based action retains the classic 'fog-of-war' and verticality mechanics from the original games, while adding new types of environmental destruction and tactical thir-person viewpoints.
The mission plays out with sniper, heavy and assault classes all working together to take out a muton, and gets us extremely excited about how the whole thing will play out in real, turn-based, time.
Hit the link for more.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One