Tomb Raider Could Be Finished By May, Global Release Planned
Square Enix studio Crystal Dynamics has reached Alpha stage with its Tomb Raider reboot.
Published on Jan 25, 2012
Tomb Raider studio Crystal Dynamics has revealed how far along development on the action reboot is, with the game potentially slated for completion by the end of May.
Senior producer Kyle Peschel art director Brian Horto said on the latest Crystal Habit podcast that the game was in Alpha - i.e. mostly playable, but rough - and will remain so for at least two months before switching to Beta for at least another two months.
That could mean Tomb Raider will be ready to ship by late May, although we'd be inclined to predict a release later in the year.
Tomb Raider's global brand director Karl Stewart meanwhile confirmed that Square Enix is planning a "global, simultaneous release," for the game.
Tomb Raider is a gritty, survivalist take on a young Lara Croft which will launch on PC, Mac, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One