Hawken To Launch As Free-To-Play PC Title?
Will Adhesive Games' mech-shooter skip consoles?
Published on Jan 16, 2012
Hawken, the impressive Unreal Engine-powered mech-shooter could be set to launch on PC as a free-to-play title, according to a new job listing.
The post, for a Marketing Manager, reads: "Responsible for the marketing of forth-coming FTP FPS Mech Video game to core PC gamers and to leverage its cross over appeal to gain awareness from, and monetize against, a broader gaming audience."
Adhesive Games co-founder Chris Lalli told us back in March last year that Hawken was being planned as a digital title for either PSN, XBL or Steam, but launch platforms were, at the time, unknown.
Now it sounds as if Hawken will be free with added micro-transactions - but only on PC.
We've sent Adhesive an email for further confirmation.
Check out Hawken in action to see what the fuss is about.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One