Diablo 3 Release Date Could Be Delayed
South Korean game rating board could throw a spanner in Diablo 3's simultaneous worldwide release.
Published on Jan 4, 2012
Diablo 3 Game Director Jay Wilson has confirmed that Asia is not holding the game back, adding "You'll see soon enough."
Diablo 3's release could be jeopardised by the most recent refusal by South Korea's Game Rating Board to pass the game for release in the country.
"Committee members are conflicted about what to do with Diablo 3 because of Blizzard’s information on the game’s ‘auction house’ feature," a board spokesman told Korea Times.
The high proportion of gamers in South Korea's population are huge fans of Blizzard's games Starcraft, WoW and Diablo, but Diablo 3's real-money auction house could represent a problem for the board which has strict guidelines to limit videogame gambling.
"In principle, we are always committed to a global release," a spokesperson for Blizzard said.
Diablo 3 is currently in closed beta, while Blizzard has yet to set a final release date for the action-RPG.
More Diablo 3 on NowGamer:
- Diablo III PS3, Xbox 360 Is Blizzard's 'Biggest Console Investment'
- Diablo 3 Beta Playtest: Will It Be Worth The Wait?
- Diablo 3, Alan Wake, Hitman, Spider-Man: VGAS 2011 Round-Up
- The Best Games Of 2012
- All Diablo 3 Articles
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One