Skyrim PC Patch Kills +2GB RAM Stability, Graphics Mods
Bethesda removes unofficial support for greater RAM.
Published on Nov 22, 2011
The Skyrim patch has landed for PC - but gamers have reportedly been left unable to use some of the games mods as a result, specifically the 'large address aware' third-party patch which enables the game to utilise more than 2GB of system RAM - if available.
Such mods have reportedly improved Skyrim's stability on PC, but the 18MB update, which is on Steam now, stops modders from modifying the game's .exe file.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One