DmC Set In A 'Parallel World' To Previous Devil May Cry Games
DmC Dante not the same as earlier incarnations.
Published on Nov 1, 2011
DmC's Dante is described as 'not the Dante you know from Devil May Cry' in the latest issue of Japanese mag Dengeki PlayStation, according to Siliconera, because the game takes place in a parallel world.
That means the Devil May Cry reboot may not be a direct continuation of what has gone before; Ninja Theory came up with the story idea, the mag claims.
Meanwhile, young Dante has both devilish and angelic powers, apparently, with his devil trigger freezing enemies on the spot.
Further details may hit rival mag Famitsu, which also has DmC coverage in the upcoming issue.
Sounds like there are some pretty big concepts lined up for DmC - we'll drop Capcom a line to try and clarify the details.
More Like This...
- Microsoft's Major Nelson: "It's Great To Have Two Solid Console Launches This Year"
- GTA: San Andreas Now Available On iOS
- Xbox One Needs 'Something Unique For Japanese Market' - Inafune
- From Tokyo Jungle And Far Cry 3 To The World Of Animals
- GTA Online Content Creator Now Available For Xbox 360 & PS3