GTA 5 Could Be 'Biggest Launch Ever', Shatter CoD Records - Analyst
Analyst Jesse Divnich predicts big things for GTA 5.
Published on Oct 25, 2011
Grand Theft Auto 5 could break records when it's released, EEDAR analyst Jesse Divnich has told NowGamer, after previously predicting the game will launch in late 2012.
"The announcement certainly comes as a surprise since they are not under any pressure to formerly announce the title this year," Divnich said in an email today.
"I couldn’t speculate on game features, technology or general upgrades we should all expect, but given Rockstar's historical consistency of making some of our industry's best games, you can certainly expect that GTA V will be one of the biggest launches of all time and could potentially shatter current sales records held by Call of Duty."
Call of Duty: Black Ops is currently the videogame sales record holder, shifting 5 million copies at launch, and going on to generate $1 billion in revenue.
GTA IV sales have exceeded 22 million copies as of September this year according to publisher Take Two Interactive.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One