Battlefield 3 Beta: 128 Player Mods Could Result In Origin Bans
DICE could swing ban-hammer at BF3 beta modders.
Published on Oct 3, 2011
Battlefield 3 beta PC players could find their Origin accounts suspended if they attempt to play on servers running a version of the code modded to enable 128 players on to the Operation Metro map, according to reports.
If you play on a server that isn't the standard beta ruleset (Rush mode on Operation Metro with 32 players) your it could "cause your account to become compromised, stats to be altered or other issues to arise which may lead to having your account to be banned by EA," reads a now delted forum post.
"If your account does get banned it means any other EA game you have on your account would also be unavailable."
Best to keep an eye on that server list, and avoid the 'Quick Match' option just in case, then. PS3 and Xbox 360 players shouldn't be affected.
Been kicked from Origin after joining the wrong server accidentally? Let us know.
Battlefield 3 officially launches on 28 October.
More Like This...
- Epic Reveals How Medal Of Honour Is Responsible For Gears Of War
- Watch Fish Playing Street Fighter II - This Is An Actual Real Thing
- Resident Evil Sequel Leaked - But It's Not The One You Think It Is
- This Video Proves That Witcher 3 Is 2015's Most Impressive RPG
- Is This The Greatest Second-hand Game Store Ever?