Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Code 'Doesn't Mean Anything' - Valve
Valve dev pours water on recent Half-Life rumours.
Published on Sep 22, 2011
Lines of code rumoured to be related to Half-Life 2: Episode 3 in the leaked DotA2 client don't necessarily indicate anything regarding the future of Gordon Freeman, Valve has told NowGamer.
"Anything people get out of that rumour, they shouldn't take it as meaning anything," Chet Faliszek told us at a London presentation of Counter Strike: Global Offensive. "I mean, I guarantee that if you went into the original Half Life source code now, you'd probably find mention of unrelated stuff labelled 'HL3' there already. Its just the way it happens."
Faliszek added that the rumours down to gamers speculatively piecing things together.
DotA2 is expected to enter open beta soon, as is Counter Strike: Global Offensive. Half-Life 2: Episode 3/Half-Life 3 remain the stuff of legend.
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One