Mass Effect 3: New Details On Characters, Classes, Story And More
Mass Effect 3
New Mass Effect 3 facts confirmed by BioWare.
Published on Aug 22, 2011
Mass Effect 3 isn't out until next year but speculation is already in full swing over where the trilogy-ending sequel will go and how it will conclude.
Numerous Mass Effect 3 details were confirmed by BioWare during Gamescom last week, with some tweaks seemingly the result of fan feedback.
Check out the big ones below and beware minor spoilers.
- Cerberus is just an antagonist and not available as a faction to align with.
- ME3 will include mini-games although Hammerhead and Mako missions won't include exploration. Planet-scanning is unlikely to return.
- The choices made in the trail at the beginning of Mass Effect 3 will determine the tone of that playthrough.
- New character James Vega's voice actor is a closely-guarded secret.
- The DLC robot dog in the collector's edition of the game can be interacted with aboard the Normandy.
- The character creator will have more features and hair-styles included.
- BioWare is considering reward fans with a special achievement across all three games.
- Each of Shepard's squad members will have their stories resolved.
- Loyalty now revolves more around races, rather than individuals.
- The conflict between the Geth and the Quarians will be resolved.
- There are new powers with up to six branches on the customisation tree.
- There will be more romance options in Mass Effect 3.
- Players will be able to change class when importing a character from Mass Effect 2.
- The Normandy will be the SR-2 and be styled and upgraded by the Alliance.
- The XP system is similar to Mass Effect, and missions won't have summaries like in Mass Effect 2.
- The trilogy will be given some level of closure with the end of Mass Effect 3.
- BioWare will not release a Mass Effect SDK after ME3.
- If alive in your game, the assassin Thane will return, as will Shepard's ME2 assistant Kelly Chambers, Legion, Miranda and others.
More Mass Effect 3 on NowGamer:
- BioWare: 'We Have To Address' Mass Effect 3 Concerns
- Mass Effect: BioWare 'Really Wants To Do Multiplayer'
- Mass Effect 3: 10 Things You Didn't Know
- Mass Effect 3 Interview: BioWare Talks Shepard, Kinect, RPGs
- Mass Effect 3 Minisite
More Like This...
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One