Aliens Colonial Marines Has Ridley Scott And Sid Mead Input
Gearbox Software discusses input from famed Aliens creators.
When discussing its latest game Aliens: Colonial Marines at Gamescom, Gearbox Software name-dropped the two major creators of the Aliens franchise and their assistance on the new game.
"We spoke with Ridley Scott, and Sid Mead, a designer on the movie and a futurist," said Matt Powers, senior designer at Gearbox Software.
"[Sid Mead] designed the light cycle for Tron, and elements of Bladerunner and Aliens." Powers continued, "We met with him and he pulled out bits of concept art for the film that he didn't use, and those environments appear in the game."
Powers then explained how they how far they want to take the series: "We're really excited about going back to the plane LV-426, and to relive parts of the movie. But we also wanted to expand the canon with new stuff."
"We really wanted to make sure we got the aliens to move and act right before we showed the game," he added.
Aliens: Colonial Marines is being shown by Gearbox Software at Gamescom, and is due for release in Spring 2012 for Xbox 360 and PS3.
- EverQuest Next: Landmark Adds Extra Claims, New Smoothing & Biomes
- Xbox One Controller Needs Firmware Update For Headset Adapter
- Jack Tretton Stepping Down As SCEA President & CEO
- 'Xbox One Is The Best Place For A Multiplayer Gamer To Be' - Microsoft
- Twitch Plays Pokemon-Style Live Streaming Coming To Xbox One