Battlefield 3 Can Still Be A Success If MW3 Breaks Records - Analyst
HD console growth means both Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3 can be a success according to EEDAR's Jesse Divnich
Published on Aug 1, 2011
Finding a victor in the Battlefield 3 vs. Modern Warfare 3 war is flavour of the month for some gamers, but Divnich thinks continued PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 sales will do very nicely for both shooters.
"The HD consoles have showed incredible growth over the last 12 months, and even when you factor out consumers who now own multiple HD consoles, we could theorize that Modern Warfare 3 could show a 15 to 25 per cent increase in sales this year," Divnich told NowGamer.
Battlefield 3 will offer 'stiff competition' to the all-encompassing Call of Duty added the analyst.
"For the first time, however, Call of Duty will face stiff competition from Battlefield 3, which could result in some consumers having to choose between the two," said Divnich.
"Personally, I believe the growth in the HD market would support both a record-breaking year for Call of Duty and a successful launch of Battlefield 3," he added.
More Battlefield 3 on NowGamer:
- Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Video Shows CoD-Style Pace
- Battlefield 3's Answer To CoD Elite: First Look
- Battlefield 3 Multiplayer: All The Facts
- Battlefield 3 Preview (PC)
- Battlefield 3 Preview (PS3)
More Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on NowGamer:
- Modern Warfare 3 (MW3): Rob Bowling Video Interview
- Modern Warfare 3 (MW3): Impressive New Screens, Hardened Edition Revealed
- Modern Warfare 3 (MW3): 'Spec Ops To Change How Gamers Feel About Co-Op'
- Call of Duty: Elite Explained
- Modern Warfare 3 (MW3): 'Quick-Scoping A Matter Of Taste' - Bowling