News Round-Up 13 July: Minecraft, Modern Warfare 3, Thief 4, Dishonored
- Minecraft creator Notch has tweeted: “The Minecraft Adventure Update will be playable in our booth at Pax.” Minecraft update 1.8 is expected to bring NPC villages, randomly generated dungeons, sprinting, more farming options and much more.
- Modern Warfare 3 should be glitch-free if Infinity Ward’s latest strategy pays off – glitcher team mapMonkeys is testing the game right now in a bid to find exploits that can be rubbed out before the game ships.
- Net sleuth Superannuation has uncovered that Thief 4 will follow in the same vein as previous entries in the series which includes “memorable scripted sequences with altered controls, camera and/or gameplay rules” according to the CV of Square Enix designer Ruben Farrus.
- Dishonored, Bethesda’s brand new franchise in development at Arkane Studios has a debut screen online, showing the quasi-Victorian environment, set to play host to all manner of stealth-action assassination antics.
- Tim Schafer pitched the new Sesame Street game to Cookie Monster, as evidenced in the video below.