GTA 5’s City Size, Seasons, Gangs, Locations In Latest Rumours
GTA 5 details haven’t been elaborated on since Rockstar brought the internet to a halt with the game’s reveal trailer – but the latest wave of rumours make some hugely specific claims about GTA 5’s content.
We’ve listed many of the claims, which were originally posted on – then deleted from – the GTAforums. Treat them purely as RUMOUR for now.
Hit the link to see more recent GTA 5 rumours, or browse the current crop below:
- GTA 5’s environment will be landlocked on some sides, with climbable mountain ranges and bordered by the pacific ocean to the south and west.
- Los Santos is the only ‘major’ city in the game, and is bigger than the whole of GTA IV’s Liberty City. The game also includes smaller cities/towns.
- The surronding environment will range from snow-topped peaks to forests, beaches and deserts.
– GTA 5’s progression is structured in a way that’s entirely new for the franchise.
- The narrative focusses on a war between rival Mexican drug cartels.
- Gangs will make a return with African-American, Korean, Japanese and Russian mobs all featured – but not the Italian mafia.
- All planes in the trailer, bar passenger jets, can be piloted.
- Mini-games will include bowling, going to the shooting range
- The seasons will change, with the campaign taking place across a year.
- Weapons, player appearance, vehicles, and the type of vehcile that spawns at your safehouse can be customised.
- The protagonist is called Ray, is 53-year-old divorcee and has two young children who appear in cutscenes in the game.
- Hidden packages will be ‘100 crazy Sasquatches’ place around the environment.
- Players will be penned in the playing environment by a ‘never-ending mountain-range’ when trying to circumnavigate it by sea, or an infinitely-long desert.
- The southeast part of the map is the Mexican-US border – skip the border and you’ll get the top ‘wanted’ rating and be on your way to the desert.
- There will be dogs in the game.