Gears Of War 3 Release Date Confirmed
Gears Of War 3 will be released on 20 September for Xbox 360 – with Japan getting it two days later on the 22nd – Microsoft has announced at its X11 event in San Francisco.
Microsoft's press release also confirmed these new features:
· An enthralling cinematic story that captivates players in an intimately intense action game
· Five-on-five multiplayer experience as well as four player campaign co-op experience
· New multiplayer game modes including ‘Beast Mode’ – offering a new twist to the game where you take on the role of the locust horde and their assorted variations!
· New maps including: Trenches which features an impressive sand storm that reduces your visibility, as well as Overpass, Mercy, Checkout, and Thrashball
· New weapons including: The Bayonet Charge, The Retro Lancer, The Sawed-off Shotgun, The OneShot – a heavy sniper rifle that shoots through shields or cover for a surprise one shot kill, The Incendiary Grenade, The Digger Launcher and a few subtle tweaks to old favourites Hammerburst and The Classic Lancer. Don’t forget that each weapon now has its own execution move!
This date avoids other major releases around the same time, including the PS3 exclusive Uncharted 3 on the 8 November and Bethesda's next epic fantasy Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim which is due to hit shelves on the 11 November.
Gears Of War 3 was originally slated for an April 2011 release but was moved back in Xbox 360's release schedule last year due to a 'business decision'.
Keep an eye on NowGamer tomorrow when we'll be detailing our hands-on with Gears Of War and providing for more info on the next epic from Epic.