Diablo 3 Players ‘Shouldn’t Expect DLC, Expansions’ – Blizzard
As spotted by readers, Vaneras qualified the comment below by adding in a later post: “I was purely talking about content patches in my previous post. If we ever release expansion packs for Diablo III, they will of course feature new content.”
Diablo 3’s randomised dungeons mean that Blizzard isn’t planning any major content patches, according to community manager Vaneras.
“It’s important to understand that Diablo is not World of Warcraft, meaning that there will be no major content patches with new dungeons, or bosses, or enemies,” he wrote on the Diablo 3 forum. “We have plans on patching in PvP of course, but in general the only ‘content’ we would patch in would most likely just be new items.”
Players shoulden’t expect major new content, Vaneras added.
“Diablo 3 will see patches to adjust things like game balance and potential system improvements, but any actual content additions is not something you should expect to see.
“The purpose of the randomized dungeons and items in any Diablo game is to provide an endless amount out of content right out of the box.”
Blizzard created an expansion for Diablo 2 back in 2001 – Diablo II: Lord of Destruction.
Diablo 3’s launch has been plagued by technical issues as thousands of players flooded Blizzard’s servers concurrently.
More Diablo 3 on NowGamer:
- Diablo 3 Launch Crashes Servers, Error 37 Delays Widespread
- Diablo 3 Launches: Play From Midnight, Review Incoming
- Diablo 3: Blizzard Details Download, Installation, Day-One Patch, Launch Delays
- Diablo 3: Blizzard Details Real-Money Auction House Transactions, Fees
- Diablo 3: In The Works For Six Years, ‘Probably Could Have Shipped Earlier’ – Blizzard