Black Ops 2 Origins Zombies Guide: All Your Base, Playing With Power, Elemental Staffs, Golden Shovel, Ultimate Elemental Staffs
Stuck on Black Ops 2's Origins, the final zombies map? We'll help you unlock Origins achievements and track down the elemental staffs, golden shovel and more.
Published on Aug 29, 2013
The final zombies map for Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2, Origins, has been released as part of the Apocalypse DLC.
It's the toughest zombies map to date and it's so difficult that unlike the other zombie maps, which had their secrets torn from their undead hands within days, the Call Of Duty community is taking much longer to unlock what's hidden within Origins.
Here's what we know so far:
All Your Base Achievement
There are six generators dotted around the Origins map, which all need to be activated for the All Your Base achievement to unlock.
Generators are large grey machines with two metallic rods crackling with electricity. To star them up you have to pay and then someone needs to stand on the pad until the meter fills up. Stepping off the pad (or being downed) will cause the meter to stop filling up.
Starting a generator will cause special electrified zombies attack (and they’ll come out of the ground so it doesn’t batter if you have any barriers up) so you need to stock up on ammo before attempting this. Once the meter fills up, any zombies near the generator will be destroyed by an electrical blast.
To get the All Your Base achievement in Origins, you need to repeat this for all six generators. When the meter for the sixth generator fills up, the achievement will unlock.
Playing With Power Achievement
To unlock the Playing With Power achievement, you need to build four elemental staffs. To do this, you need to build the gramaphone first, as this will be needed for the final step in building all four elemental staffs.
To build the gramaphone, you need a disc for each of the elemental staffs (fire, lightning, ice, wind) and the gramaphone itself, which can be found below the Pack-A-Punch machine.
When you have the relevant parts, head to the underground section of the excavation site and place the gramophone. Follow the stairs that appear and place the parts of the altar for the relevant element.
One last thing worth noting is that you can grab a shovel from the spawn room or from the near the bunker’s exit door to Generator 3. This allows you to start digging up mounds – every now and then, an Ice Staff part will be inside. Fire Staff pieces will also be dropped randomly by robo-zombies.
Here’s a video from MrDalekJD to give you a visual guide on how to nab them:
Origins - Fire Staff (Red)
The parts needed for the Staff Of Fire can be taken from:
- The open chest next to Generator 6 after it has been powered up (see the All Your Base achievement guide)
- From a Panzer Soldat/’Robo-Zombie’ you’ve killed
- The fallen part from the burning plane overhead (you’ll need to shoot this down and collect the part from where it lands)
- In the church between the tank and the stairs leading up to the second floor (it can also spawn in the upper floor of the church)
- The area accessed by placing the gramophone to the left of the No Man’s Land path as you come out of the laboratory, the tunnel is called ‘Fire’
Origins - Lightning Staff (Yellow)
The parts needed for the Lightning Staff can be taken from:
- Paths that can be accessed while riding the tank through the church area. There are three parts in total – one on the right (jump into the watchtower), one on the left (jump onto the platform sticking out of the excavation site) and one on a grassy ledge you follow round (just before you get to the church)
- The area accessed when you place the gramophone on the table by the Lightning Tunnel
Origins - Ice Staff (Blue)
The parts needed for the Ice Staff can be taken from:
- The shelves near the MP-40 chalk outline by Generator 2
- Mounds that appear once it starts snowing in the trenches, you’ll need the shovel from the spawn room to do this. The shovel can be found in three places: the hallway next to the medals talk, the mini-tank area by the church and the lightning staff excavation site by Generator 5.
- The area accessed by placing the gramophone by the ice tunnel behind the church on the left
Origins - Wind Staff (Purple)
The parts for the Wind Staff can be taken from:
- The table need the Lightning Tunnel, where the disc will appear every so often
- Inside the three giant robots walking across the trenches, shoot the glowing ring at the bottom of their feet and let the robot step on you to gain access
- The area accessed when you place the gramophone by the wind tunnel near Generator 4
Once you’ve built all four elemental staffs, you’ll unlock the Playing With Power achievement.
Not A Gold Digger Achievement
This is one of the easiest achievements to unlock. First you need the shovel. The shovel can be found in three places: the hallway next to the medals talk, the mini-tank area by the church and the lightning staff excavation site by Generator 5.
When you grab the shovel, keep digging mounds until a weapon appears (it’ll be a floating pick-up icon). Let someone else on your team grab it and the Not A Gold Digger achievement will pop.
If you’re new to Origins and you see someone running around an active weapon without picking it up, they’ll probably trying to prompt you to take it, so they can get the achievement.
If you grab the shovel and keep digging up mounds without being downed, it will become a golden shovel. This bumps up the rate of quality drops appearing when digging up mounds and also lets you dig up perks, if you’re lucky.
If you gain the ‘zombie blood’ power up (which looks like a pack of blood and appears randomly after killing zombies), all it means is zombies won’t detect you.
Thunderfists - Filling Chests With Zombie Souls
There are boxes dotted around Origins that collect zombie souls, sort of similar to how the dog heads worked in Mob of The Dead. When you fill all the boxes, you can grab your reward - Thunderfists, a powerful melee weapon. This video guide explains how to grab them:
Ultimate Wind Staff
Ultimate Fire Staff
Ultimate Ice Staff
Ultimate Lightning Staff